Cognitive Dissonance

Cognitive Dissonance
Cognitive Dissonance (2010)

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Welcome

This is my first entry. It is the culmination of my wish to record my conceptual process and the continual, well intentioned pressure from friends, teachers and acquaintances alike, to write. I enjoy the written word, I love to read, but writing is a new foray for me. I hope that this blog will communicate some thought provoking and inspiring ideas. I do not expect that these ideas will necessarily be my own.  Perhaps I can be the conduit by which some great art, writings and concepts may be introduced to you.

My work is influenced by a great many things, and my concepts often change, shift, drift and are sometimes abandoned. My ideas are sometimes stubbornly opinionated and at other times communicate many different viewpoints, some that are diametrically opposed to one another. This will document how my beliefs are shifted and shaped by time and new knowledge.

Forgive me if I am at time overtly sentimental, sensual or serious. Forgive me if I lapse into an emotional realm that is a hyperbolic or romantic in feeling. I may fall into a tirade, or my writing may be an enigma. I will question my own beliefs. I will be influenced by the beliefs of others. I will show emotion . . . frustration, elation. I will often write by intuition. My ideas may be obtuse, esoteric or simplistic. But whatever the mood, I will try to write with honesty and without restraint.

I believe that being brave enough to reveal something personal, by allowing oneself to be socially vulnerable, we are best able to learn about another. I hope that you, the reader, will feel free to connect with me, communicate to me, and even question me. Perhaps we can learn from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment